Broccoli, pumpkin and roasted capsicum crustless quiche
• 1 large red capsicum, halved, seeded
• 250g broccoli, cut into florets
• 125g cup microwaveable brown rice
• 8 eggs
• 1/3 cup (80ml) reduced-fat milk
• 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
• 150g peeled pumpkin, grated
• ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
• 4 cups baby spinach to serve
- Preheat grill on high. Place the capsicum, skin side up, on a baking tray and grill for 5 minutes, or until the skin is blistered. Transfer to a bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and set aside to cool. The remove the skin carefully and discard. Dice the capsicum.
- Preheat oven to 160 °C. Spray a 22cm round baking tin with olive oil and line base and sides with baking paper. Steam, boil or microwave the broccoli
for 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Refresh under cold running water, drain. Coarsely chop.
- Heat rice according to packet instructions. Whisk eggs, milk and mustard together in a large bowl. Add capsicum, broccoli, rice, pumpkin and parmesan; stir to combine. Transfer to prepared tin, bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden, puffed and set.
- Set quiche aside for 10 minutes before removing from tin. Serve quiche warm with baby spinach.