This flavourful Zesty Thai Noodle salad featuring cabbage salad with rice noodles and edamame is an easy and simple recipe and requires very little effort to create.
Preparation time 30 mins
- 1⁄2 cup edamame beans
- 500g packet of vermicelli rice noodles
- 200g coleslaw mix from supermarket, leave out the dressing
- 200g packet mixed leaves
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced on an angle
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 2 spring onion stems, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 large handful coriander, chopped with stalks
- 1 large handful of mint, removed from stem
- 1⁄2 cup of bean shoots
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or normal sugar)
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fish sauce
- In a bowl, pour boiling hot water over rice noodles and edamame. Sit for 5 minutes or until cooked. Drain well.
- In a separate serving bowl, add noodles, edamame, coleslaw mix, leaves, capsicum, avocado, spring onion, mint, coriander and snow peas and toss ingredients.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a jar and pour over salad. Toss well.
- Finish by laying bean shoots on top of salad. Serve with dressing.
(Dietitians Association of Australia)