- 60mL (1/4 cup) fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- 100g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 cucumber, halved, sliced
- 200g mixed grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 green shallots, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- 24 large (about 800g) cooked prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 2 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
- Combine the lime juice, peanut oil, honey, fish sauce and chilli in a screw-top jar. Seal and shake well to combine. Set aside.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into a large saucepan to come one-third up the side and heat over medium-high heat. Line a large baking tray with paper towel. Break the noodles into 4 portions. Drop a portion of noodles into the oil (they should immediately puff up). Use tongs to transfer the fried noodles to the prepared tray. Repeat with the remaining noodles. Set aside to cool.
- Break up the noodles slightly and place into a large bowl. Add the cucumber, tomato, shallot, coriander and mint. Drizzle with three-quarters of the dressing and toss to combine. Divide among serving plates. Top with the prawns and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve immediately.