At Pro Health Care, we like to take a preventative approach to Medicine. Throughout the winter season, we will be focusing on children’s health.
Pro Health Care will donate a portion of every Kid’s Health Check appointment booked in winter to the Heart Kids Foundation.
The Heart Kids Foundation is an organization established to provide support to children, teens and adults affected by congenital heart disease. Congenital heart disease is the largest cause of infant death in Australia.
Whilst a kid’s health check may be suitable for all children, we would particularly recommend it for children from the ages of 3-5 as part of the preparation for school, and particularly if they present with some of the following issues:
• You may have a specific concern in relation to your child
• You have noticed some Motor control or developmental delays
• You have concerns about Speech impediments
• Your child may have a Skin condition
Throughout the Health Check, our doctors will try to pay particular attention to the primary nature of your concern, whilst also attempting to develop a more thorough snap shot of your child’s developmental progress so that we can put in place any recommendations for management as part of a broader plan. Some of the assessment points you may expect at a Kid’s Health Assessment include but are not limited to:
• Looking at your child’s Percentiles (height and weight)
• Reviewing your child’s vaccination status
• Perform an Ear, Nose and Throat check if indicated
• Perform a Chest check if indicated
• Review your child’s Developmental Milestone Screen
A longer appointment is required for a kid’s health assessment, and sometimes it may even require more than one appointment to complete the assessment in the event that some concerns need to be addressed. If you would like to book an appointment for a Kid’s Health Check and support a good cause, please contact your local Pro Health Care clinic or book online now.