Instead of very rich and fatty salad dressings, which can have a lot of sugar in them, why not try this recipe for coleslaw that uses the sweetness of seasonal apples and the creaminess of tangy Greek yoghurt instead. If you’re really pressed for time, use a bag of ready shredded ‘slaw’ mix from the supermarket.
This salad is great with a late summer barbeque, to add crunch to a homemade burger, or why not try it in a soft taco with spicy grilled fish fillets for an easy and fresh lunch.
- ½ Savoy cabbage, white cabbage, red cabbage, or a mixture, shredded
- 1 apple, cored and grated/finely chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- handful parsley, finely chopped
- ½ to 1 cup thick Greek yogurt, as per preference
- juice ½ lemon
- black pepper and salt to taste
Mix all the ingredients together well in a large salad bowl. If the salad is left in the fridge for a while the cabbage will become softer and the dressing more runny.