Time to make: 40 minutes
- 3 cups reduced salt vegetable stock
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1kg carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 4 tablespoons almonds, toasted, roughly chopped
- Fresh coriander to serve
- 4 pieces Turkish bread to serve
- Add 1/4 cup stock to a large saucepan. Cook onions and garlic until softened.
- Add caraway seeds, carrots, celery and a little more stock, if needed. Cook 8-10 minutes.
- Add remaining stock, lentils, and 2 cups water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender until smooth but slightly chunky. Divide soup between bowls. Top with almonds and coriander. Serve with Turkish bread.
Find more healthy winter recipes at http://healthyfoodguide.com.au/recipes