Migraines and tension headaches may appear occasionally or frequently – some people even get them daily. Regardless of how often they appear, they are an uncomfortable issue that occurs far too often and can be prevented when the right steps are taken by keeping the surrounding muscles loose, drinking plenty of water and getting regular sleep.
Remedial massage not only reduces the pain of a tension headache, but also helps to prevent reoccurrence. When your neck and shoulder muscles become tight, they put pressure on, and pull on, your head and scalp, causing your body to respond with an uncomfortable tension headache.
Some of the general benefits of remedial massage therapy may include:
- Physical relaxation
- Improved circulation, which nourishes cells and improves waste elimination thus speeding up the repair process of injured tissues
- Relief for tight muscles (knots) and other aches and pains
- Release of nerve compression (carpel tunnel, sciatica)
- Greater flexibility and range of motion
- Enhanced energy and vitality
Massage affects your whole being physically, emotionally and mentally. Regular massage therapy is aimed at achieving an increase in health and well-being. Call and speak with one of our receptionists to book an appointment with one of our massage therapists at Pro Remedial SA.