This Low fat Beef Curry Serves 4 and is a great meal for the whole family
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 500g of lean beef, fat trimmed and
- cut into cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves
- ½ cup of uncooked brown lentils
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup of water
- 4 teaspoons of cooking oil
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and fry onions until transparent.
2. Add ginger, garlic and curry powder and cook on a low heat for a few minutes.
3. Stir in meat, spices, lentils, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes and water.
4. Cover and simmer for 90 minutes.
5. Remove lid and simmer for 20 minutes.