Feta and Spinach Omelette
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 2
1/2 bunch English spinach
1 tsp olive oil 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
30g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- Pull the spinach leaves from the stalks. Wash and dry the leaves, then finely shred.
- Heat half of the oil in a 24cm (top measurement) non-stick frying pan.
- Cook the onion over medium heat for about four-five minutes, until soft and lightly golden.
- Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add the spinach and mix through the onion.
- Stir until wilted slightly.
- Sprinkle the feta over the top and remove from heat.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a jug, and season.
- Pour the eggs into the frying pan containing the spinach mixture.
- Return to the heat and cook over medium low heat for five minutes, until set underneath.
- Cook the top of the omelette under a hot grill for two-three minutes, until set OR slide the omelette onto a plate, invert back into the pan.
- Slide out onto a plate and cut into six wedges and serve
Tip: Add a sprinkle of ground pepper to season & serve with crusty bread.