- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 cup white quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 400g Jap pumpkin, thinly sliced with skin on
- 1 large red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 cup (150g) canned baby beetroot, drained, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup (40g) roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup (40g) reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add stock and quinoa, and bring to the boil. Cover pan and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until liquid has absorbed and quinoa is al dente.
Meanwhile, heat a barbecue hotplate or grill pan over high heat. Spray pumpkin, capsicum and zucchini with olive oil. Grill pumpkin, turning once, for 8-10 minutes or until tender, adding zucchini and capsicum halfway through cooking time. Remove vegetables from heat. Cool, then cut into bite-size pieces.
Fold the grilled vegetables and beetroot into quinoa and sprinkle with almonds and feta. Serve quinoa salad with mixed salad leaves and lemon wedges.
For more recipes like this visit: http://healthyfoodguide.com.au/recipes