Time to make: 20 minutes
- 270g dried udon noodles
- 300g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small barbecue chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
- 1 bunch watercress. washed, drained, leaves picked
- 1/2 firm ripe avocado, diced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet instructions or until al dente, adding the snow pears for the final minute of cooking time. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well and set aside.
- Place shredded chicken, watercress, avocado and half the sesame seeds with the noodles and snow peas in a large bowl.
- Place soy, mirin and sesame oil in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add to noodle mixture and gently toss to combine. Sprinkle over remaining sesame seeds and serve.